ImOn 2021 Customer Calendar Photo Contest
Give us your best shot!
Eastern Iowa is an incredible place to call home! Join ImOn in celebrating the beauty of Eastern Iowa with our NEW ImOn photo contest and calendar. Help fill the pages of our upcoming 2021 ImOn customer calendar with photos showcasing the beautiful places we serve. We are looking for photos that capture our breathtaking landscapes, area events, holiday fun, and vibrant culture. Prizes will be awarded to the entrants of the photographs selected to be in the 2021 ImOn Customer Calendar.
Who can Enter:
The photo contest is open to current ImOn customers and employees, who are over 18 years of age prior to, or on, the last day a photo can be submitted, July 8, 2020.
How to Enter:
Between April 6, 2020, and July 8, 2020, entrants can submit a photograph by completing the contact information in the form below and uploading a photo file in the form. All submissions must include the name, address, phone number, date of birth, and email address of the individual entering the photo in the contest, along with the location of where the photo was taken. Entrants may submit more than one photo, but each photo must be submitted individually with a separate entry submission. Photo entries that are incomplete, altered, reproduced, forged, counterfeited, or irregular in any way, are automatically void.
Contest Rules and Requirements:
- All entries must include a completed entrant form with the entrants name, address, telephone number, date of birth, email address, and a description of the photo. Entries not containing this information will be disqualified.
- All photos must be in .jpg, .png, .pdf, or .tiff file format with a resolution of 300dpi or higher. Photographs must be in digital format and watermark free. Hard copy prints, slides or negative submissions will not be accepted.
- Entrants may submit more than one photo, but each photo must be submitted individually with a separate entry submission.
- The subject matter for the photos submitted must contain images from Eastern Iowa only. For this contest, the following counties are considered “Eastern Iowa”: Allamakee, Benton, Black Hawk, Bremer, Buchanan, Butler, Cedar, Chickasaw, Clayton, Clinton, Davis, Delaware, Des Moines, Dubuque, Fayette, Floyd, Franklin, Grundy, Hardin, Henry, Howard, Iowa, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Jones, Keokuk, Lee, Linn, Louisa, Mahaska, Marshall, Mitchell, Muscatine, Poweshiek, Scott, Tama, Van Buren, Wapello, Washington, and Winneshiek County.
- The photos must depict actual scenery, plants or animals, and community events.
- Photos that have been digitally or otherwise enhanced or altered will not be accepted. Cropped photos are eligible. Minor adjustments, including spotting, dodging and burning, sharpening, contrast, focus, lighting, and slight color adjustment, or the digital equivalents, are acceptable. Any image that the Judges determine, in their sole discretion, to be altered (other than minor alterations mentioned) shall be disqualified.
- The photo submitted must be the entrant’s original, nonprofessional, previously unpublished creation owned solely by the entrant. Also, the photo must not previously have been published, used, or circulated in any other commercial or personal manner, or won any awards.
- The photo submitted must not contain any material that is inappropriate, hateful, derogatory, slanderous, offensive, threatening, defamatory, violent, obscene, disparaging, and libelous. It may not contain drugs, alcohol, guns, or any kind of illegal or inappropriate behavior. It must also not refer to or contain any content that is indecent, sexual, profane, tortious, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person. The photo must not contain any material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individuals or promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, or religious beliefs, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age. The photo must not contain any material that ImOn, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate for public dissemination or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the contest.
- The photo must not contain any material that violates or infringes upon the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, or that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any applicable laws or regulations, or whose use by ImOn requires a license or permission from or payment to any third party.
- By entering the Contest, entrants warrant and represent that they are the owners of the photo submitted and have obtained all permissions necessary for ImOn to display, post, publish or use the photo submitted as set forth in these Official Rules and in promotional materials relating thereto including, but not limited to, permission from all persons depicted in the photo submitted, and from any owner or holder of any pets/animals, private property, copyrights, trademarks or other rights in materials or other items depicted in the photo submitted. It is understandable that photographers taking photos in public places, or at public events. may be unable to secure permission/release from all people in the photo, so these types of photos will still be accepted.
- License to Use Entries: By entering the Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, unconditional, perpetual, worldwide, transferable, fully-paid, royalty-free, non-exclusive right and license to ImOn and its affiliates, related entities and service providers to use, reproduce, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, distribute, display and create derivative works of and/or otherwise use (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used) each element of an entrants’ entry (including, but not limited to, the photo submitted) in connection with the Contest, the promotion of the Contest, and in any other manner at the discretion of ImOn Communications, LLC. in any media now or hereafter known including, but not limited to, ImOn’s Web pages, social media pages, and other digital media, newsletters, third party sites, print materials, television, and other broadcast media, for marketing and/or advertising. Entrant waives intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude ImOn’s use of any element of the entry, and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against ImOn for the use of any element of the entry. Display or publication of any photo on ImOn’s Web site does not indicate the entrant will be selected as a winner. ImOn will not be required to pay any consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with use of an entry.
- Once all entries have been submitted, they will be judged by a qualified panel of judges (to be selected by ImOn in its sole discretion) at the conclusion of the Contest Period. All decisions of the judges are final and binding and not subject to appeal. The contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify entries which do not conform to the stated contest rules and criteria. The judges will collectively select the winning entry from among all eligible Submissions, based on the following criteria:
- How well the photograph captures the essence of Eastern Iowa (how it fits the theme).
- The photograph’s suitability for being turned into a calendar page.
- The creativity, originality, and the quality of the image.
- The potential winners will be notified by email or phone, at the contact information provided on the entry form. ImOn shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by the potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, the potential winners cannot be contacted within five (5) business days after the first notification attempt, the potential winner will forfeit the applicable prize and ImOn reserves the right to select an alternate prize winner from eligible entrants. If any potential prize winner has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the applicable prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Winners will be announced on the ImOn Communications Customer Website, MyImOn.com, and the ImOn Communications social media pages after all winners have been contacted, but before July 30th. Due to the large number of submissions, only the winners will be notified. If you do not hear from ImOn by July 30, 2020, then your photo has not been selected.
- The potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The prizes will be fulfilled approximately 2 weeks after the conclusion of the Contest. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to the use by ImOn, and its designees, of their names, statements and photographs/likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised (including and without limitation, the Internet) without additional compensation except where prohibited by law. Upon request, winners agree to consent to such request in writing.
- License to Use Entries: By entering the Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, unconditional, perpetual, worldwide, transferable, fully-paid, royalty-free, non-exclusive right and license to ImOn and its affiliates, related entities and service providers to use, reproduce, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, distribute, display and create derivative works of and/or otherwise use (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used) each element of an entrants’ entry (including, but not limited to, the photo submitted) in connection with the Contest, the promotion of the Contest, and in any other manner at the discretion of ImOn in any media now or hereafter known including, but not limited to, on ImOn’s Web pages, social media pages and other digital media, newsletters, third party sites, print materials, television and other broadcast media, for marketing and/or advertising. Entrant waives intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude ImOn’s use of any element of the entry, and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the ImOn for the use of any element of the entry. Display or publication of any photo on ImOn’s Web site does not indicate the entrant will be selected as a winner. ImOn will not be required to pay any consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with use of an entry.
- General Conditions: ImOn reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by ImOn in its sole discretion. ImOn reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other Contest or in an inappropriate, unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, ImOn reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. ImOn’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold ImOn harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs (including reasonable attorney’s fees), and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or other contest rules.
Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold the Contest Entities and their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective agents and agencies, promotional partners, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any liability, claims, judgements, demands, controversies, agreements, damages, actions, or cause of actions arising out of participation in the Contest or use of the prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest; (e) late, lost, stolen, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, misdirected or undeliverable, posts, email, mail; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest. Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
Prizes and Recognition:
Prizes will be awarded to the entrants of the photographs selected by the contest judges. Each winner will receive a $50 gift card, 2 copies of the 2021 ImOn Customer Calendar, a framed copy of their photo hung in the ImOn Office, and exposures through several digital and print channels. Up to 16 photos may be selected. Winner will be notified after July 20, 2020, by phone and email at the contact information submitted below.