Fiber Internet is coming soon to Dakota Dunes.
FiberComm, an ImOn Company, is bringing fiber optic Internet to your neighborhood!
With speeds up to 1 Gigabit, fiber-to-the-home Internet is the fastest, most reliable Internet in existence. Dakota Dunes will be the first neighborhood in Siouxland to have this cutting-edge technology!
Sign up now to be notified when fiber Internet service is available.
Trusted by over 35,000 customers across Eastern Iowa.
What makes Fiber-to-the-Home Internet different?
Fiber-to-the-home Internet (usually abbreviated FTTH) is the fastest and most reliable way to access the Internet. Here’s what makes FTTH Internet special:
It provides lightning-fast speeds.
Fiber-to-the-home Internet uses fiber optic cables made of tiny strands of glass, each one thinner than a strand of hair. These glass fibers transmit data using light pulses, which are much faster than the electric signals used by traditional copper coaxial Internet cables.
This fast-travelling data means your Internet connection is nearly instantaneous. You’ll experience blazing-fast download and upload speeds, from 200 Megabits up to 1 Gigabit (1000 Megabits!). For example, you could download a 2-hour movie in just 10 seconds.
It connects your home directly to the Internet.
Unlike other Internet methods that rely on a mixture of fiber and copper cables, FTTH Internet uses only fiber cables to connect your home to the Internet. It also means your Internet connection isn’t shared with your neighbors, so you’ll never experience a slow-down in speed during peak usage times.
It's the most reliable form of Internet.
Traditional copper Internet cables are prone to interference from things like weather and electromagnetic waves (such as the kind produced by your microwave).
Fiber is nearly immune to these issues. The cables are highly durable, which means you can enjoy a stable connection with no drops in speed and less down time.
It has unbeatable bandwidth to keep all of your devices connected.
Fiber cables can transmit much larger amounts of data compared to traditional co-axial Internet. This creates a bigger bandwidth capable of providing a strong signal to all of your home’s devices. Everyone in your household can play games, stream videos, watch TV, work, and browse the Internet all at the same time without slowing things down for anyone else!
It's the Internet of the future.
As homes continue to get smarter, more things in your house – from your thermostat to your refrigerator – become connected to the Internet.
Fiber Internet has the speed and bandwidth to accommodate the increasing number of devices and appliances in your home that rely on an Internet connection. It can meet your home’s growing digital needs now and in the future. That’s why fiber Internet is often called “future-proof.”
It increases the value of your home.
High-speed Internet is a highly sought-after amenity for homebuyers. It can increase your home’s value by 3.1 percent and give you an edge in the real estate market when it’s time to sell!
Find the Fiber Internet Speed That's Right for You
Construction will be complete this year, which means it's time to start thinking about what fiber Internet speed is right for you. ImOn offers a range of fiber speeds to fit your home's specific needs.
4K video streaming
Home security systems
*Price Lock for 2 years.
Multiple 4K video streaming
Working from home
*Price Lock for 2 years.
Unlimited 4K video streaming
Simultaneous gaming of VR
Powering your smart home
*Price Lock for 2 years.
Every package comes with these ImOn features:
All inclusive pricing + No Hidden Fees + No Contract
No Data Caps
24/7 Local support
Symmetrical upload and download speeds
Whole Home Wi-Fi app
*New residential customers only. 2 Year Price Lock is for the Internet service, network access fee, and infrastructure recovery fee only. Must sign up for Internet service to get free install ($69.98 value). Whole Home Wi-Fi service included free with Internet service, some homes may require additional mesh units to achieve full coverage, there is a $6/mo. fee for each unit. Promotional price does not include taxes. All taxes are subject to change. Credit approval and deposit may be required. Cannot be combined with another offer. Limited time offer and may expire at any time.
Can I get fiber Internet service right now?
We are still in the process of building our fiber Internet network in your area, so service is not available quite yet. If you’d like to be notified when construction is complete and service becomes available, please fill out the form above.
Yellow: Construction Complete
Blue: Construction in progress
What does the construction process look like?
We are excited to begin constructing your fiber network in October. This means you'll see our vehicles and crews in your neighborhood soon!
- Locates: The city and utility companies will locate existing utility lines on your property using spray paint and/or small flags. This will occur up to 12 days prior to the construction start date. Please do not remove the flags or paint until after construction has started.
- Pot Holes: A few days after the utility lines are located, the FiberComm construction crew will dig a few holes to verify the depth of the utility lines in various locations along the construction route. These holes will be fenced off with orange construction fencing and will not be open for more than 5 days.
- Boring: FiberComm construction workers will then begin the boring process. The boring machine will make small holes and run plastic conduit underground. The conduit will house and protect the fiber optic network cables. FiberComm uses this method to install our conduit because it minimizes the damage to your property. The construction crew will also lay large rubber mats under the boring machine to help prevent ruts in the grass and cracks in sidewalks and driveways. The mats help to distribute the weight of the machine evenly over a large area.
- Setting of Vaults: Once the boring process is complete, the FiberComm construction crew will install utility vaults and cabinets. These units hold the network connections and equipment below ground so that technicians may access it if needed. FiberComm attempts to set these between property lines or next to other utility facilities in your property.
- Restoration: Now that the majority of the physical construction is complete, the FiberComm construction crews will begin the process of restoring your impacted lawn. Crews will fill holes with at least 6 inches of black dirt and rake the area to make sure the area is level. Next, grass seed and fertilizer will be spread over the impacted areas. The homeowner will need to continue to maintain by watering the reseeded area.
- Pulling Fiber: FiberComm construction crews will now pull the actual fiber optic cable through the conduit that was installed underground. This is the fiber optic cables that will connect each home to one of the most technologically advanced networks in the area. The fiber optic cable contains strands of glass, thinner than a human hair, that carry digital information using pulses of light.
- Splicing Fiber: The next step requires FiberComm technicians to splice the strands of fiber optic cables together. This will connect the newly laid fiber optic cables to each other and to the network. This takes the skill of a surgeon to connect each individual strand of fiber, which is thinner than human hair. One individual stand will go to each household, giving them an individual connection to the network.
Should I submit my information now, or wait until construction is complete?
Although we are still in the construction phase, we recommend filling out the form now. That way, you’ll be the first to know when service becomes available, and you can make the switch to fiber sooner!
Will you provide the necessary equipment, or do I need to provide my own?
We will provide all of the necessary equipment needed to get your service started. Unfortunately, with fiber-to-the-home Internet, you are unable to provide your own modem. We will provide the proper modem
Why should I switch from my current Internet provider?
Aside from the unbeatable speed and reliability of fiber Internet, our fiber network is backed by local providers. Unlike the larger, national Internet companies, we’re right in your backyard. That means you can enjoy more personalized service, top-tier customer care, and quick response times. We know Siouxland because we are Siouxlanders!
If I don’t live in Dakota Dunes, when will you offer FTTH Internet at my address?
Right now, FiberComm’s residential fiber Internet is only available in the Dakota Dunes neighborhood. However, we hope to continue to expand and provide top-notch FTTH Internet to more of Siouxland in the future!
Who We Are
For nearly 24 years, FiberComm has powered businesses throughout Siouxland with advanced communication technology. In 2023, we joined forces with ImOn Communications, a recognized leader in the telecommunications industry, to strengthen our capabilities and expand our reach to residential areas.
Through this partnership, we are on a mission to provide top-tier fiber-optic Internet to homeowners and renters throughout Siouxland. Stay connected to what matters most with FiberComm, an ImOn Company!